border design: corner stripesI am assuming you know how to make a border psd using fill layers (or layers I guess)
You'll be making something like:
The Steps1. Choose which size you wanna use. Define the brush.
Define this GREY BLOCK brush
2. Zoom in (like 800%-1200%). Use the pencil tool to place the first stripe down. Make sure you have it correctly. I've labeled below what is correct and what is not.
3. Figure out how much space you want between the stripes, place the 2nd stripe.
4. Place the 3rd stripe. Make sure it's the same spacing as the first two. If yours is overlapping the border like this than I really hope you know how to get rid of the extra pieces of the brush. If not, use the rectangular marquee tool around the extra crap and hit the backspace key on your keyboard to delete.
5. Add another stripe. Delete all extra overlapping crap.
Before I deleted the overlapping
After I deleted it
6. I'm continuing my stripes. If you don't want to than skip this step.
7. Use the GREY BLOCK brush at the end of the stripes. This is the correct and incorrect way to do it.
and I have
8. Put a grey block on the other side too.
9. Put the color #eaeaea in between each stripe starting from between the 2nd and 3rd stripes. (Use the pen tool between them, or a rectangle tool, or any other way. If you don't know how to get grey behind the stripes than I'm not sure you should be attempting an advanced border tutorial :()