Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
color scheme psd tutorialThis is for a HORIZONTAL color scheme psd.
What you'll need:
You'll be making something like:
The Steps1. Decide on what size you want it to be. For this tutorial, the height DOES NOT matter. You can pick any height. The width is what matters. I'm assuming you're doing a 4 color scheme, so make sure the width is divisible by 4. Examples: 100, 80, 64 and so on. They can all be equally divided by 4.
I'm using width 56, height 30.
2. Create a new layer. On your keyboard, hold in the CTRL key and press the A key. You should have an outline now.
3. Click "edit >> stroke >>" and match your settings to mine.
I have this now
4. Click "edit >> stroke >> and now make it by 3px and white. This is what I have so far.
Now stroke it 1px and black. I have this so far (you should have 1 layer aside from the white background. It's the border layer)
5. Hide the border layer. Now you should see just a white background.
Ok now this part I hope isn't confusing. Whatever the width is of your psd, divide it by 4. For example, my psd width is 56. 56 divided by 4 is 14. Click on the Rectangular Marqee Tool. Change the style to "Fixed size." Make the width the number you got when you divided. For me it will be 14. Make your height the height of your psd. So mine is 14x30. Line it up perfectly to the left.
6. Click "layer >> new fill layer >> solid color >> ok." Choose the first color of your color scheme. Make sure the layer is under the border layer.
7. Duplicate the layer, drag the rectangle directly next to the first. Drag the layer under the first. Make it the 2nd color of your color scheme.
8. Repeat for color 3 and 4. Delete the white background layer. Make sure your layers are in order! This is what my layers look like
This is what I have so far:
9. Unhide the border layer and you're done.
If you change the borders layer to "soft light" than you get this.
Add text if you want
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish