Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
how to make a cutoutThis is a basic way to do cutouts.
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
NOTE: Yours will be the full sitemodel. I cut mine in half just for this tutorial
The Steps1. Open the picture you want to cutout >> Duplicate the layer >> Delete the original layer. (or right click the layer and click "Layer From Background" and then click ok)
2. Click on the pen tool.
Make sure your pen settings are like this.
3. If the picture is of a sm than make sure you resize it before continuing. 350 width by 467 height is recommended. This is where you should make it black & white if it needs to be.
4. Sharpen the picture once or twice ("Filter" >> "Sharpen" >> "Sharpen")
Zoom in between 400% and 600%. (hold in CTRL on your keyboard and push the "+" on your keyboard)
5. Use the pen tool around the sm or whatever you're cutting out. Make sure you connect the first point with the last one. Don't worry about areas of hair or between the arm & body or whatever. We'll get to that later. It should look something like this now [Please note: Mine was made smaller and cropped smaller for the purpose of this tutorial]...
6. Right click and click "Make Selection". Settings should look like this and then click ok.
7. Now you should see something like this, but the outline will be moving.
8. Click "Select" >> click "Inverse." Now the outline should be around the outside like this.
9. Press the backspace key on your keyboard and now the background of the sm (or whatever you're cutting out) should be gone. Click "Select" >> Click "Deselect." Now you may have areas that still need to be cutout, like this area I outlined in red.
10. Use the pen tool around these extra areas, right click "Make Selection" and "ok" again. I doubt you need to inverse it this time, so skip that little step and just push the backspace key on your keyboard to delete the area.