frames deco psd tutorial
You'll be making something like:
If you already know how to make lines and turn them into fill layers than skip to step 4.
1. Use the rectangle tool to make a line down the sign (or deco, whatever)
2. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Solid Color >> choose the first color of your color scheme >> click ok". You should now have an editable fill layer. Duplicate the layer, drag the LAYER under the first. Use the move tool to move the line right just enough to leave a little space between the two.
3. Repeat until you have all the colors.
Click on the rectangular marquee tool and outline around the rectangles just enough to where you will be able to see a small amount of white showing on the sides.
Fill that part in white (make a new fill layer for it)
This is what my lines and layers look like now. *mine is cropped for tutorial purposes*
4. Duplicate all 5 layers. Select all 5 of the duplicated layers, click "edit >> transform >> rotate 90 CW." Use the move tool to move the lines to the top of the sign.
5. duplicate the 2nd set of 5 layers (the ones you just rotated). Select all 5 of the duplicated layers, click "edit >> transform >> rotate 90 CW." Move the lines to the right side of the sign.
6. Duplicate the 2nd set of 5 layers again. Now flip them vertical "edit >> transform >> flip vertical." Move them to the bottom.
7. Line all of them up against the edge of the sign.
8. Hold in the CTRL key, select every layer. Push the CTRL + T keys. Rotate it however you want it. (This is at the top of ps) and then hit enter on your keyboard
If you want to rotate them seperately than you can.
9. Crop the photo. Don't crop anything out. Just crop the whole size of the sign. This way any extra lines that aren't showing will be cropped away.
10. This is kinda weird so PAY ATTENTION. Merge all of the first colors layers together. Now merge all of the 2nd colors layers together. Do the same with the 3rd and 4th colors layers. Then, merge all of the white layers together. You should now have 5 regular layers. Now, turn them into fill layers! If you don't know how to do this for some reason than check out this click here tutorial.
You're done now, unless you want patterns or anything inside the little frame sections. If so than outline the section using the pen tool like this.
11. Right click inside the area, click Make Selection >> OK. Click Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Pattern >> select your pattern and click ok. Drag the layer to the very bottom. This is what my sign and layers look like so far.
Do the same (or whatever you want) to any of the other sides.