Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
Preppy Text v1 TutorialWhat you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type out and color your text however you want. Add a pattern overlay if you want, but don't stroke it yet. I added a gradient overlay & pattern overlay. This is my gradient overlay & pattern settings incase you want to do this too.
Use this pattern.
and this is what I have so far
2. Create a new layer. Click on the Ellipse tool, or press "u" on your keyboard which should auto select the tool, but if it doesn't than just find the Ellipse tool and click it. Match your settings to mine:
3. Make an ellipse over half of your text like this
4. Make your color white. Right click inside the ellipse and click "Fill Path." Stuff will pop up, but it should already be on the right settings so click ok.
5. Your text layer should be under your ellipse layer. Right click on your ellipse layer and click "Create Clipping Mask."
6. Change your ellipse layers opacity between 15-30%. Mines at 25%.
Now click on the ellipse tool and push backspace on your keyboard to get rid of the line thing. You should have something like this
7. Go back to your text layer and do whatever strokes you want. I did a stroke 2px white, then 3px gradient, then scanline pattern 1px. Pretty basic. I also added a drop shadow. Done!
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish