Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
preppy text v10 tutorial
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type out your text in a dark grey or black. Make sure it's kerned now if you want it to be. Duplicate it 1 time. This can get confusing, so I'm going to call the top layer #1 and the bottom #2.
2. On #1: Do this tutorial click here Color your text using that tutorial. Mine looks like this:
3. Hide #1. Make #2's text color #eeeeee. Nudge number #2 to the right 3 times and down 3 times by clicking on the move tool and using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
4. Duplicate #1 and drag it under #2. Nudge the copy of #1 to the right 5 times and down 6 times. I'll call this layer #3 now. Right click on the layer and click "Rasterize Type". Do that on the other layers too.
On layer #3, click "Filter > Noise > Add Noise." Match your settings to mine.
5. Go to layer #1. Right click and click "Blending Options." You'll be adding an "Inner Shadow", "Inner Glow", "Bevel and Emboss" and "Pattern Overlay"
For the Pattern Overlay, I used a polka dot pattern @ Blend Mode: Soft Light and Opacity: 24%. All patterns will show differently. Choose your pattern and settings.
What I have so far:
6. Right click on #1 and click "Merge Down" to merge it with #2. Now they will combine into one layer. Do the same with the combined layer and #3. Now you should have 1 layer.
7. Go to Blending Options and click "Stroke." Use your gradient. Match your settings to mine.
8. Create a new layer, drag it under the text layer, right click on the text layer and click Merge Down.
9. Go to Blending Options and click "Stroke."
10. Repeat step 8.
11. Go to Blending Options and click "Stroke." Use your checkered pattern that you can create from this tutorial.
you should have something like this now:
12. Repeat step 8. Go to blending options and click "stroke." Make the pattern your scanline pattern.
13. Add a Drop Shadow and you're done!
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish