Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
preppy text v14 tutorial
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type out your text in the color #2b2b2b. Color every other letter with the colors of your color scheme. I'm using a 4 color scheme. I have this so far
2. Right click on the text layer and click "Blending Options." You're going to add an Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Bevel and Emboss, and Pattern Overlay. Match all settings to mine. For Pattern Overlay, use the polka dot pattern I provided, or a pattern of your own.
3. Duplicate (Layer > Duplicate Layer > ok) the layer. Go back to the original layer (which is the bottom layer), right click it and click "Rasterize Type." On the original layer again: go to "Filter > Other > Offset" and match your settings to mine.
4. On the original layer: Go to "Filter > Noise > Add Noise." Match your settings to mine.
5. Create 2 new layers, drag one under the top text layer and one under the bottom. Right click on the top text layer and click Merge Down. Do the same with the bottom text layer.
6. Duplicate the top text layer and drag it below the 2 layers you already had. Now there's 3 layers. On the 3rd layer, click "Filter > Other > Offset."
On that layer again: Go to Blending Options. You're going to add a color overlay. Make the color black - #000000
7. Create a new layer. Drag it under the very bottom layer that you just added a color overlay to. Merge the bottom layer down onto the new layer. Right click on the very top layer and click "Merge Visible." Now you should have ONE text layer.
8. You should know how to do this part now, so I'm going to briefly go over it.
Now add a 1px stroke of the color 2b2b2b. Then a 2px stroke of your gradient at Angle: 0. Then a 1px stroke of your scanline pattern and a drop shadow of Distance: 0, Spread: 0, Size: 3.
I forgot to add the grunge pattern to this, but you can still add one to yours. You're done!