Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
preppy text v15 tutorial
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Decide which letter you want to put a pattern on. I'm putting mine on my letter "y". Use your colors like I did. I did color #1-C, #2-A, #3-N, #4-D, PATTERN Y (this would be color 1 but since I'm putting a pattern in it I will skip using color 1), #2-L, #3-A, #4-C, #1-E. Whichever letter is going to have a pattern should be black.
2. Right click the text layer and click "Rasterize Type." Click on the magic wand tool and select your black letter. Right click inside the selected letter and click "layer via cut."
3. A new layer should have popped up with only the black letter that you want a pattern on. Double click on the layer to have the blending options pop up. Put a Pattern Overlay with your pattern of choice. Leave the blend mode Normal and opacity 100%. Change the scale if you need to, but I didn't need to. Shoutout to Amy cause I used her pattern psd for this since I didn't feel like using mine.
4. Create a new layer, drag it under the pattern layer, right click on the pattern layer and click merge down. Right click on the pattern layer and click merge down to merge it with the text layer. You should now have one layer.
5. Duplicate the layer twice. You should now have 3 text layers. on the middle layer, Go to the blending options, click "Color Overlay", and match your settings to mine.
6. On the middle layer again, click "Filter >> Other >> Offset" and match your settings to mine.
7. Again on the middle layer, Click "Filter >> Noise >> Add Noise" and match your settings to mine.
this is what I have so far
8. On your bottom layer, Go to the blending options and click "Color Overlay." Keep the blend mode normal and the opacity at 100%. Make the color white.
9. Click "Filter >> Other >> Offset" and match your settings to mine.
and this is what I have so far
10. On the top layer, go to the blending options and you're going to add an "Inner Shadow", "Inner Glow", "Bevel and Emboss", and "Pattern Overlay." Match the settings to mine
and this is what I have so far
11. Create 3 new layers. Drag one under the top, one under the middle, and one under the bottom. Right click on the top and click merge down to merge it with the new layer. Do the same with the middle and bottom layer.
12. There should be 3 layers again now. Right click on the top layer and click merge down to merge it with the middle layer. Then merge that with the bottom and you should have one text layer now.
13. Go to the blending options and stroke the text by 2px with the color #404040.
14. Create a new layer, drag it under the text layer. Merge the text layer down onto the new layer.
15. Go to the blending options and stroke the text by 2px with your gradient at angle 0.
16. Repeat step 14. Now go to blending options and add a 1px stroke with your scanline pattern (or the one I provided). Add a Drop Shadow too
and add a pattern overlay with the grunge pattern.
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish