welcomeThis website is here to provide you with the necessities to
Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
preppy text v17What you'll need:
You'll be making something like this:
The Steps1. Type your text out and change the colors like this.
(click here for a tutorial if you don't know how to do this)
2. Rasterize the layer. Duplicate the layer twice. On the top layer, right click and click Blending Options. Match your settings to mine.
here is what I have so far
3. On the second layer, click "Filter >> Other >> Offset"
Add a color overlay. I used black.
4. Click "Filter >> Noise >> Add Noise" and match your settings to mine.
this is what I have so far.
5. Go to the bottom layer. Click "Filter >> Other >> Offset"
Add a color overlay with a white-ish color of #f6f6f6.
6. Create 3 new layers. Drag 1 under the top layer, 1 under the middle, 1 under the bottom. Right click on the top layer and click Merge Down to merge it with ONE of the new layers. Repeat this for the other text layers and new layers. You should have only 3 text layers now.
7. Merge the 3 text layers together. Add a 2px stroke with your gradient. Add whatever pattern you want. I added stripes. Blend mode: soft light. Opacity: 8%. Your settings might look better with some other settings. This is what I have so far.
8. Create a new layer, drag it under the text layer. Merge down. Add a 1px stroke with your scanline pattern. Add a pattern overlay with your grunge pattern. Maybe add a dropshadow? Mine is Opacity: 30%. Distance: 0%. Spread: 0% Size: 5%.
Here are some other ways you can do your strokes. I used #333333 for the blackish looking stroke