Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
how to make preppy text v3What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type out your text how you want. Change each letters color to match your color scheme.
2. Right click on the layer >> click "Rasterize Type." Right click on the layer again and click "Blending Options" >> Match your stroke, pattern overlay [use the pattern provided] , and gradient overlay [you should already have this gradient in your gradients cause it comes with photoshop] settings to mine.
3. Make a new layer (layer >> new >> layer >> ok). Drag that layer under your text layer, right click on your text layer and click "Merge Down." Your text should look something like this so far.
4. Right click on your text layer, click "Blending Options", click "Stroke", and match your settings to mine but with YOUR color schemes gradient.
and your text should look something like this now..
5. Make a new layer (layer >> new >> layer >> ok). Drag that layer under your text layer, right click on your text layer and click "Merge Down."
6. Right click on the text layer again, Click "Blending Options", click "stroke" and match your settings to mine but with your scanline pattern. If you don't have a scanline pattern than check out the Patterns section on this website. Before clicking ok, click "Drop Shadow" and match those settings to mine too.
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish