welcomeThis website is here to provide you with the necessities to
Please let me know if you used this tutorial.
Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
how to make preppy text v5What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Type out your text and make each letter a color of your color scheme.
2. Duplicate the layer (layer >> duplicate layer >> ok). Drag the duplicated layer under the original. Hide the original layer by clicking the eye symbol next to it. Now use the same colors on the duplicated layer, but in a different order. Click on the move tool.
3. Move the duplicated layer to the right 5 or 6 times.
You should have something like this so far
4. Right click on the original text layer (this layer should be on top of the duplicated layer) >> click "Rasterize Type". Now right click on the layer again and click "Blending Options."
You're going to put a pattern overlay [click here], gradient overlay, and inner shadow on. Match the settings to mine
and now you should have something like this
5. Make sure you have right click >> Rasterize layer on both text layers by now. Right click on the original layer and click "Merge Down" to merge it with the other text layer.
6. Right click and click "Blending Options" again. Click "Stroke" and match your settings to mine. The black-ish color should be #303030
you should have something like this now
7. Make a new layer (Layer >> New >> Layer >> ok). Drag it underneath your text layer. Right click on the text layer and click "merge down."
8. Right click on the text layer and click "Blending Options" again. You're going to do a Stroke with your scanline pattern (If you don't have one than check out my patterns section) and Drop Shadow this time. Match your settings to mine.
and you're done!!