ribbon banner v2 tutorialWhat you'll be making:
The Steps1. Open a new document. Select your foreground color to what color you want it to be and then click on the Rectangle Tool (NOT the rectangular marquee tool). Draw your rectangle.
SIDE NOTE: if you want to use the rectangle marquee tool and the paintbucket tool to fill it in than that's fine too.
Rasterize the layer (Right click on the layer >> Rasterize)
2. Duplicate the layer. Hold in CTRL + T on your keyboard. The rectangle should be selected now. Drag the rectangle over from the middle left square (this way you're making the duplicated one smaller)
You shouldn't see a difference yet because we haven't moved the layer yet, so if everything looks the same it's ok.
Drag the duplicated layer under the OG rectangle layer. Move the little rectangle over some.
3. This part you can either use the Polygonal Lasso Tool, OR the pen tool. Set it up like this on the side of the duplicated layer.
Connect the points, right click inside, click "Make Selection >> OK.
Push the backspace key on your keyboard and it'll erase the area.
4. Ok now we're going to make the ribbon part shorter. Hold in CTRL + T on your keyboard. The ribbon part should be selected now. Set your ribbon up like this (I moved the left of the ribbin to the right, and then used the Move Tool to move the whole ribbon to the left)
5. Duplicate the original rectangle. Change the color to a darker shade of whatever color you're using. Now, use the paint bucket tool to fill the new rectangle in with the darker shade.
Hold in CTRL + T on your keyboard. Do basically what you did in step 2.
6. Now take the polygonal lasso tool or the pen tool again and set it up like this:
Delete the area.
7. Drag the layer under the original layer, but above the ribbons layer.
Use the Move Tool to move it down below like this:
8. See how the dark area looks weird? Well Hold in CTRL + T on your keyboard again and move the bottom part this time. Like this:
9. Ok so in the ribbon banner v1 tutorial, for this part we move the right ribbon over to the dark part. In THIS tutorial, we're moving the dark part over. Hold in CTRL + T on your keyboard and move it over like this:
and now I have this:
10. Merge the bottom 2 layers, duplicate the layer, click "Edit >> Transform >> Flip Horizontal." Use the Move Tool to move it directly to the opposite side.