Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
ribbons tutorialThese are cute for signs, deco's, covers, and more!
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Create a new layer. Click on the rectangular marquee tool. Make a rectangle and use the paint bucket tool to fill it in with the first color of your color scheme. (view > show > grid pops up a grid that could help with making a super even rectangle).
2. Define the brush I provided. Click on the eraser tool and select that brush. Change the size to a MUCH smaller size. I made mine 30px. Rotate the brush (if you don't know how to do this than check out this tutorial) to where it looks like a triangle. Make sure it's lined up perfectly too. I can't explain that at all so just look below.
use the eraser brush and you should have something like this now
3. Create a layer fill for the ribbon. If you don't know how to create fill layers from stuff than check out this (click here)
4. Duplicate the fill layer. Click on the "Move Tool," using your keyboard use the left and right keys to move the 2nd ribbon over. Change the color of the 2nd ribbon to the 2nd color of the color scheme. This is what my ribbons and my layers look like now
5. Repeat step 4 for the 3rd and 4th color.
6. Ok now if you need to spread the ribbons across, just duplicate them!
If you duplicate them and get them situated and want only 4 fill layers left (like for a deco psd): merge each color 1 together. Merge each color 2 together. Same with 3 and 4. Then, create new fill layers! BAM 4 layers.
Add whatever you want to it to make it really pop.