Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Create a new layer. Click on the pen tool.
2. Use the pen tool in a zigzag like this. If you want them even, use a grid (view > show > grid). If you don't care if they're even, don't use a grid.
3. Click on the "Convert Point Tool." It's in the same section as the pen tool. Click on each pen point and drag it until you see the line curve like this
4. Repeat step 3 for each point.
5. Make sure the color you want the first rope to be is selected (first color of your color scheme). click on the brush tool, select the circle brush that should have came with Photoshop. Make it 2px OR 3px. That totally depends on what you want. I have examples for 2px and 3px.
6. Click on the pen tool. Right click somewhere on your sign where you used the pen tool previously. A thing should pop up that says "Stroke Path" (Make sure it says Tool: Brush) and then click ok. Click the backspace key on your keyboard twice to get rid of the pen tool selection.
7. Hold in CTRL on your keyboard and click the layer thumbnail (preview thing). It should of selected the ropes. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Solid Color >> ok." If you don't understand that than check out my (click here) tutorial on creating fill layers. Delete the original rope layer. You should have the fill layer only.
8. Duplicate the fill layer. Click on the move tool and move the ropes up. Change the color of the fill. If you don't know to do this than check out my tutorial (click here) on changing fill colors. This is what I have so far
9. Duplicate them so you have 4. Make each one of the colors of your color scheme and move them directly up.
★ Owner: Kayla
★ Opened: 06/09/17
★ Program: Photoshop CC 2018
★ Version: 5
★ Started Sw: 2005ish