Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
side star tutorial
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. On a new layer - Use the brush tool, click on the star brush. Place them down where you want them and what ever size and angle you want them. Try not to be boring with it and don't go overboard with too many stars. I cropped my picture for tutorial purposes.
2. Create a new layer and drag it under the stars layer. Use the pen tool to put a zigzag line from the top of your sign to your bottom and through the stars. If you don't know how to do lines like this than check out my line tutorials. The line should be 3px in size. Make sure your line is going to run through the stars like this
3. On the line layer, use the eraser tool to erase the parts of the line inside the stars
4. Duplicate the line layer to thicken the line.
5. This is optional. Merge the star layer with the line layers. Click on the "Magic Wand Tool" and click inside the area where the zigzags are. It should have selected that entire area.
6. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Pattern >> ok." Choose which pattern you want. I used the trippy psd I provided.
7. Click on the star/line layer. Put a 1px stroke with your gradient, which hopefully you know how to stroke. Add a drop shadow (if you want) of Distance- 0 Spread- 0 Size-5.
I have this now
8. If you chose not to have anything inside the sidestar than I have this so far. I also added a transparent pattern in the actual stars.
You could add brushes or patterns or whatever you want in there.