Please let me know if you used this tutorial. Please do not copy my tutorial. Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial. Please tag/credit me where ever you used this tutorial!
starkles v2 tutorialFor this tutorial, I'm using one of my starkle clusters. You can find this one and more on my brushes page >> click here I forgot to make the cluster smaller in this tutorial cause I was half asleep when I made this.
What you'll need:
What you'll be making:
You can choose if you want the darker or lighter starkles.
The Steps1. Place the brushes down in a white or greyish/black color. For white, use color #ffffff and for the grey/black use #404040.
this is it in 404040.
2. Hold in CTRL on your keyboard click the thumbnail/preview of the layer that the cluster brush is on. I outlined the thumbnail below incase you don't know what I'm talking about.
3. The brushes should be selected now. Click Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Gradient >> find your gradient. Drag that layer UNDER the cluster layer. You wont be able to see it at all under your starkles yet. Click "Filter >> Other >> Offset." If it pops up about how it needs to be rasterized than it's ok click OK. Play with the settings, but make sure it isn't too far away from the original. I did +2 and +2.
Add a dropshadow of 0 distance, 0 spread, 5 size. Opacity: 30%.
4. On the original layer, click on the magic wand tool and click inside of the star that is open on the inside.
5. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Pattern." You can choose any pattern you want. Make sure the pattern layer is under the gradient layer.
6. Go back the gradient layer. Click "Filter >> Noise >> Add Noise. Make it Amount: 30% with uniform and mono checked. OR Amount: 15% with gaussian and mono checked.
7. On the original layer, Put a pattern overlay with grunge.