wave outline outlineThere are many ways to curve a line, but this way is super easy for people to understand!
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Open your background psd that you're using inside of the wave. Define it as a pattern.
2. Click on the pen tool and put a zig zag type of thing around the cutout. *don't connect the first and last dot yet!*
3. Click on the "Convert Point Tool." It's where the pen tool is, so you probably have to right click on the pen tool to find it. See the points that I outlined in red?
Using the Convert Point Tool, click on the first point and HOLD THE CLICK DO NOT LET GO. Move around and you should see that section of the line curving. This is what will happen with the lines when you're curving it.
4. Curve all of your points! This might take some practice, but I think it's the easiest way for beginners to curve.
5. Click on the pen tool and connect the last point to the first.
6. Right click inside and click "Make Selection" and then ok.
7. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Pattern" and choose the bg psd you defined in step 1.
8. Do whatever strokes you want.
I did 2px white, 2px #333333, 2px gradient. I usually do a 1px scanline and a dropshadow, but I forgot to save the picture of that so oops. My preppy stroke v1 tutorial explains this part in better details.
♥ Cutout by Madii!