Please do not copy my tutorial.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this tutorial.
wave outline outlineWhat you'll need:
What you'll be making:
The Steps1. Open your background psd. Change the gradients in it to what you need and then define it as a pattern.
2. I cropped my sign for tutorial purposes. Click on the pen tool and put a zig zag type of thing around the cutout. Make sure it's kinda spaced out. You'll see why later.
3. Click on the "Convert Point Tool." It's where the pen tool is, so you probably have to right click on the pen tool to find it. See the points that I outlined in red?
You'll be using the convert point tool on your points. Click on the first point and HOLD THE CLICK DO NOT LET GO. Move around and you should see that section of the line curving. This is what will happen with the lines when you're curving it. Make sure your curve is like this. I outlined it in red.
4. Curve all of your points! This might take some practice, but I think it's the easiest way to curve.
5. Click on the pen tool and connect the last point to the first.
6. Right click inside and click "Make Selection" and then ok.
7. Click "Layer >> New Fill Layer >> Pattern" and choose the bg psd you defined in step 1.
8. Do whatever strokes you want. I did 2px white-ish, 2px #444444, 2px gradient, 1px scanline, dropshadow.
cutout by d0llhouse