welcomeThis website is here to provide you with the necessities to
create a website favicon and put it on your websiteThis tutorial will teach you how to create a website favicon and put it on your website.
What is a favicon? : "An icon associated with a URL that is variously displayed, as in a browser's address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list."
Example: The penguin next to where it says "how to put a favicon."
The Steps1. Open up photoshop or whatever you are designing your favicon on.
2. Create a new image 16px height and 16px width.
3. Design your image how you want it (or find one on google!). This is mine:
4. Upload the favicon you designed to your website (or photobucket or whatever you want). If you don't know how to upload pictures on your website, I have a tutorial for that.
5. Copy this coding
Paste it inbetween your head tags. Like mine (outlined in red).
Side note: Yes, I uploaded mine to imgur forever ago and got too lazy to upload it to my website lmao don't be like me.
6. Get the favicon's direct link and copy it.
For example, you could have something like this- http://www.candylace.net/favicon/candylacefavicon.png
though I used imgur to upload mine, so I have this http://i.imgur.com/EMtM3.png
7. Now look in the favicon coding and find "YOURURLHERE" >> Where it says that, put the direct link of the favicon you created.